SEATTLE - Seattle police officers found a woman dead and then fatally shot a suspect at an apartment in the Northgate neighborhood.
At 3:20 a.m. Thursday, emergency dispatchers received an apparent domestic violence call with someone yelling in the background. Because of a language barrier, a translator had to replay the call so officers could get an address -- an apartment complex at Northgate Way and Midvale Avenue North
Arriving officers entered the apartment and found a dead woman with stab wounds.
Two children and two adults were found hiding in the apartment. They were not hur and escorted out of the unit.
At some point, officers encountered a man who was armed with a knife. He was shot and killed by officers.
Because of the language barrier, the relationship between the suspect, victim and the others in the apartment is not yet known.
On Thursday night, Seattle police released video from body cameras worn by two involved officers.
The incident remains as an active and ongoing investigation.
More news from KIRO 7
- Medical Examiner: UW student who passed away on campus died of blood clot in lung
- Winter storm to bring lowland snow to Puget Sound Region
- Woman, suspect dead in officer-involved shooting in Northgate neighborhood
- Now Federal Way businesses also fighting possible demolition from Sound Transit
- Do you have an investigative story tip? Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
© 2019 Cox Media Group.