PIERCE COUNTY, Wash. - The pilot of a glider was taken to Tacoma General Hospital after crashing Sunday near Buckley.
East Pierce Fire and Rescue officials said the man, who is in his 60s, is in critical condition.
Officials said the pilot was the only one on board when the glider crashed on Lower Burnett Road.
First responders said the glider had taken off from Enumclaw and clipped some trees before crashing.
No word was given on what caused the glider to come down.
More news from KIRO 7
- Baby deer found dead on Mercer Island porch after high-powered pellet shooting
- Man charged with hate crime, assault against Burien mayor by state AG
- Police: Man suspected in South Hill shooting in custody; brought in by his father
- West Seattle woman fights to keep purse
- Do you have an investigative story tip? Send us an email at email@example.com
© 2019 Cox Media Group.