Pierce County deputies are searching for suspect who they say is targeting auto wrecking businesses in Spanaway.
On Dec. 8 at about 2 a.m., deputies discovered a fire at B & R Auto Wrecking on Mountain Highway East. The fire caused about $25,000 in damage to the business. Deputies said the suspect appeared to cut through the business fence and left burglary tools near a vehicle before the fire happened.
On Dec. 15, deputies spotted another fire at All Auto Wrecking on Mountain Highway East. The fire was under a truck that was parked next to a building inside the fenced yard.
Investigators believe the two fires are related.
Deputies are asking wrecking businesses and tow yards in the area to be on the lookout for any suspicious people, vehicles and activity in the area.
Anyone who may know more information about the fires is asked to call police.
More news from KIRO 7
- Mother arrested in fatal shooting of 14-year-old daughter
- Team assessing damage to determine strength of Port Orchard tornado
- 'Porch pirate' chased, captured by neighbors; also captured on video
- 'Depression is real': Florida deputy killed 3 generations of family before taking own life
- Do you have an investigative story tip? Send us an email at email@example.com
© 2020 Cox Media Group