TACOMA, Wash. - A death investigation is underway after police said a decomposing body was found Saturday evening in Tacoma.
The body was on a trail on South Tyler Street under the Highway 16 overpass, police said.
KIRO 7 learned that police recovered the body and turned it over to the Pierce County Medical Examiner’s Office, so the cause of death can be determined and the victim identified.
This is a developing story, please check back for updates.
More news from KIRO 7
- Skydiving plane in Hawaii crash had scary 2016 mishap
- Woman claims she was racially profiled and kicked off of Alaska Airlines flight
- Pursuit ends in crash on SR 16 in Tacoma; suspect in custody
- One injured in Greenwood stabbing
- Do you have an investigative story tip? Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
© 2019 Cox Media Group.