TACOMA, Wash. — A Tacoma fire crew responded to a crash involving two logging trucks on NB I-5 near SR 16.
Fire officials said logs from one logging truck went through the cab of another logging truck.
Two lanes of I-5 were closed, reducing traffic down to one lane causing traffic to back up for miles. It reopened mid-Thursday afternoon.
One truck driver was transported to the hospital in serious but stable condition, fire officials said.
No other injuries were reported.
The Washington State Patrol is investigating.
More news from KIRO 7
- Dog deemed 'unadoptable' to become first-ever deaf K-9 in Washington
- Soldier knocks out girlfriend, leaves baby on side of road, flees police, officers say
- Pet pot-bellied pig named Molly cooked, eaten by new owners, after adoption from shelter
- Car tab relief may be on the way as bill passes Senate
- Prosecutor: Man who texted 'LOL, I think she od' charged with manslaughter, rape
Cox Media Group