Who Is Eligible?
Individuals of all ages are eligible to participate in the Cox Conserves Heroes Program. You may nominate yourself or someone else. Cox Enterprises, its affiliated companies, The Trust for Public Land employees and their immediate families are not eligible. Previous Cox Conserves Heroes and finalists are not eligible.
What is the criteria for nominees and projects?
- Outdoor spaces: Creates, protects and/or beautifies an outdoor community space.
- Volunteer basis: Works on a volunteer basis that is not part of their employment.
- Inspire others: Inspires others to engage in community conservation.
What is the process?
- During the month of July, nominations may be submitted using a brief online form.
- In August, a panel of local civic and environmental leaders will select one finalist from their pool of nominations who will then compete for the national Cox Conserves Hero title.
- Each local finalist will be profiled online with a locally produced video and will have the opportunity to share their story. The public will view the videos and then in October will vote for the nominee they feel is most deserving of the grand prize.
- At the local level, winning nominees are awarded $10,000 donation to the nonprofit of their choice. The national winner will be awarded an additional $50,000 for their nonprofit of choice.
***Nominations close July 31, so act now!***
© 2018 Cox Media Group.