Timothy Bass, convicted of killing 18-year-old Mandy Stavik in 1989, was sentenced to 26 years in prison Tuesday in Whatcom County. Bass received the maximum sentence.
>> Photos from 1989 cold case of Mandy Stavik
He received a guilty verdict on a first-degree murder charge May 24 after a trial in Whatcom County that wrapped up May 22. The jury deliberated for a little over a day before delivering their verdict.
>> Click here for a day-by-day summary of what happened in court and background information on the case
Timothy Bass' statement:
Timothy Bass sentenced:
More news from KIRO 7
- 14-year-old killed in shooting in Federal Way
- Several beaches getting tested Tuesday after being closed for bacteria concerns
- Surveillance video shows 3 young men in Kent gas station robbery, 2nd store robbed in Maple Valley
- Crews put out fire at vacant house in Seattle’s Roosevelt neighborhood
- Do you have an investigative story tip? Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Cox Media Group