LYNNWOOD, Wash. - The Snohomish County Sheriff's Office is searching for a male suspect who they say sexually assaulted a woman just before 9 a.m. Wednesday on a trail at Meadowdale County Park.
Meadowdale County Park is located at 6026 156th St SW, Edmonds, WA 98026.
The attack occurred about 300 yards from the trailhead. The woman was allegedly pushed into a wooded area, but while there were lots of people around, there were no witnesses. The suspect, who had a knife, sexually assaulted the woman, according to police. It is not known if the woman was injured with the knife or otherwise. She was able to call 911 herself.
Deputies describe the suspect as a white male in his 30s, about 6'1" or 6'2", wearing a dark-hooded sweatshirt, a baseball cap and a scarf.
The suspect reportedly left on foot. Helicopters, canines and police have not found him. Anyone with information on the assault is asked to call 911.
The park is closed while police continue to search the area.
A woman was assaulted just before 9AM while walking on a trail at Meadowdale County Park. Sheriff's Office searching for a white male, 30's, scarf around his neck, dark hoodie, baseball cap. Suspect left on foot. Containment of the area setup and K9 responding. Call 911 if seen.— Snohomish Sheriff (@SnoCoSheriff) October 17, 2018
KIRO 7 will continue to update this story as more information becomes available.
More news from KIRO 7
- Police, FBI investigating fatal officer-involved shooting outside Emerald Queen Casino
- Mom accidentally shot 9-year-old son in car seat while fleeing coyotes
- Seattle business owners fed up with problems stemming from homeless crisis
- $25,000 reward for info on missing pregnant postal worker
- Do you have an investigative story tip? Send us an email at email@example.com
© 2019 Cox Media Group.