A pilot is safe after a crash Tuesday evening in Dyes Inlet in Kitsap County, fire and rescue officials said.
Crews responded to the scene, north of Bremerton, after 5:30 p.m.
Central Kitsap Fire and Rescue said four civilian boats near the plane attempted to help.
Officials said a pilot was aboard the plane and is safe. He had minor facial injuries.
The plane was towed away.
The cause of the crash is under investigation.
More news from KIRO 7
- Father of two killed by alleged drunken driver in Tacoma
- Woman sent to hospital after posing with octopus on face
- 15-year-old boy shot by Kent police officer during traffic stop
- Dayton, Ohio, shooting: Gunman expressed interest in committing mass shooting
- Do you have an investigative story tip? Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
© 2019 Cox Media Group.