SEATTLE — Seattle Public Utility crews worked to fix a 30-inch water main that began leaking overnight Saturday.
The work continued until late Monday morning, closing the intersection of Westlake Avenue North and Denny Way. The intersection reopened at about 11:30 a.m.
SPU says a section of pipe was replaced, water service was restored, and roadwork has been completed.
More news from KIRO 7
- Death by dry ice: Coolers stored in car lead to 'horrific accident'
- Semi leaves I-5, slams through Marysville business
- Teen unresponsive after lake rescue
- Toddler hospitalized after fall from Lynnwood apartment window
- Water main leak closes busy downtown Seattle intersection
Cox Media Group