KING COUNTY, Wash. - One person was found dead inside a home after firefighters extinguished two 2-alarm fires at homes in the Highline neighborhood, crews with Skyway Fire said.
The fires happened overnight Thursday into Friday in the 10200 block of 10th Avenue South, officials said.
No other injuries were reported.
The American Red Cross was called to help 13 people displaced by the fires, officials said.
On July 8, the King County Sheriff's Office Fire Investigation Unit determined the fire wsa started by fireworks.
Officials said it is not known where the fire started and the investigation remains ongoing.
More news from KIRO 7
- VIDEO: Watch a replay of the Fourth of July fireworks
- Loved ones identify man killed by Poulsbo Police
- 1 dead in double house fire in King County on the Fourth of July
- Man, 2 kids injured by fireworks near the Muckleshoot Reservation
- Do you have an investigative story tip? Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
© 2019 Cox Media Group.