A Tacoma man craving a corn dog bought lunch and a lottery ticket -- and ended up winning $500,000.
The man went to a convenience store, Ernie's Fuel Shop in Federal Way, to get lunch and bought a “$25,000,000 Extravaganza” scratch ticket.
A spokesperson for Washington Lottery said the man plays occasionally for fun, but this is the biggest prize he's ever won.
“When I first realized I won, I thought, ‘Wow, this is the best lunch break ever,’” the winner told Washington Lottery officials. “I had to call my girlfriend to share the news, even though she didn’t believe me at first, so I had to take a picture and sent it to her."
The man plans to spend his winnings on a family vacation, give some of the money to his kids and spend some paying off his car and adding to a retirement account.
More news from KIRO 7
- Council committee moves forward new Seattle gun control bill
- Washington prepares for autonomous vehicles
- Amazon delivery vans to hit the street
- Woman dead, man in custody in Auburn
- After attempted kidnapping, Seattle police search for suspect seen on camera
Cox Media Group