The slopes opened for the season Friday at the Summit at Snoqualmie.
A storm that dumped over a foot of snow on Tuesday morning proved to be enough to get the resort open with limited operations.
There has been a delay to the start of the season because the weather was not cooperating, delaying the opening of all the ski resorts.
But snow was expected in the passes all week, which had people excited.
The snow made for rough driving this week and there were hazardous conditions on Tuesday.
The State Patrol stepped up chain enforcement on vehicles this week, giving people a reminder that it’s the season to be prepared if you are driving over the passes.
Drivers are required to carry chains and that's enforced by the WSP.
Mount Baker Ski area is open, as is Crystal Mountain and Stevens Pass.
More news from KIRO 7
- Pit bull escapes Seattle home, bites third-graders at nearby school
- 1,200+ marijuana plants seized from grow houses in Newcastle, Renton
- Woman survives truck crashing through her house as she napped on couch
- Clerk shot during Renton gas station robbery
- Do you have an investigative story tip? Send us an email at email@example.com
© 2019 Cox Media Group.