RENTON, Wash. - A clerk at a 24-hour convenience store in Renton is recovering after he was shot inside the business.
It happened at the Extra Mile/Chevron Gas Station off NE Sunset Boulevard.
Police said it happened around 3:45 a.m. The clerk called 911 saying the store had been robbed by two men with guns.
The clerk said he was shot in the hand after the robbers beat him up.
Detectives said the men confronted the clerk while he was taking the trash out and forced him back inside to the cash register.
“He said he doesn’t walk well and he was slow getting to the door so apparently they felt it was kind of resistance so they started beating him,” said Detective Robert Onishi, with the Renton PD. “During the struggle one of them fired his gun at least two times and ones of those shots hit the clerk in the hand.”
Police said the men covered their faces with their clothing and got away with cash and some merchandise from the store.
Police sent out search dogs but did not find the men.
The clerk is now recovering from his injuries and is expected to be OK.
If you have any information about this case, you are asked to contact Renton Police at 425-430-7500.
More news from KIRO 7
- Pit bull escapes Seattle home, bites third-graders at nearby school
- 1,200+ marijuana plants seized from grow houses in Newcastle, Renton
- Woman survives truck crashing through her house as she napped on couch
- Clerk shot during Renton gas station robbery
- Do you have an investigative story tip? Send us an email at email@example.com
© 2019 Cox Media Group.