Sedro-Woolley police officers were dispatched to a malicious mischief complaint at Sedro-Woolley High School and arrived to find several thousands of dollars worth of damage.
The damage was done by a pickup truck to a school fence, vehicle and the football field.
Security footage from the incident shows that it took place at approximately 2 a.m. Saturday.
Officers were able to locate the suspect vehicle in question and a search warrant was served to retrieve the vehicle.
Sedro-Woolley Superintendent Phil Brockman released a statement about the incident:
"We have a great community and great schools in Sedro-Woolley. We are cooperating with the Sedro-Woolley Police Department in regards to this incident by sharing video of the vandalism captured by our security cameras. To see damage done to public school facilities like this is frustrating since it's ultimately paid for by our local community."
The investigation is ongoing.
Scroll down to continue reading
More news from KIRO 7
- Lynnwood police look for man who brutally attacked Subway shop employee
- Man in custody after police response shuts down 520 floating bridge
- Dick's Drive-In to open new Kent location in 2018
- Truck crashes into O'Reilly Auto Parts in Puyallup
- Do you have an investigative story tip? Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
© 2020 Cox Media Group