BOTHELL, Wash. - The Seattle Seahawks took training camp on the road to Bothell's Pop Keeney Stadium for a ‘mock game' on Saturday.
Originally built in 1920, the stadium has a capacity of 4,438 and now hosts games for Inglemoor High School, North Creek High School, Woodinville High School and Bothell High School.
"It's a big day. I'm sure it's a big moment for the people of Bothell, too, to get the chance to have the Seahawks come to town. So, hopefully, it's a nice event. It's a great little stadium. It's sold-out which is really good," head coach Pete Carroll said Thursday.
The mock game began at 1:30 p.m. and included performances by the Seahawks Dancers and Blue Thunder, according to the team.
"It's going to be as game-like as we can make it for our situations and all that. We'll be on the bus with our shoulder pads on, kind of like high school. We'll probably rock the bus before the game, before we get out. All of those normal traditions we'll carry out before game time," Carroll said.
The Seahawks first preseason game is Thursday against the Denver Broncos at CenturyLink Field in Seattle.
More news from KIRO 7
- Small plane's emergency landing on Pierce County street caught on camera
- Wildfire causes level 3 evacuation in Mason County
- Two teens aged 14 and 16 arrested and charged after violent two-week crime spree
- Woman in stolen Kent police SUV leads police on chase
- Do you have an investigative story tip? Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
© 2019 Cox Media Group.