A man was detained Thursday night near the University of Washington after an incident on campus, police said.
At about 5 p.m., a man walked into a classroom in Savery Hall and started recording video from his phone.
Police said the man asked for everyone's attention and a prerecorded messaged started to play from a speaker in his jacket. It announced "The C-4 is charged" and a countdown began, UW police said.
People ran from the room and the fire alarm was activated.
Seattle fire officials said campus buildings were evacuated.
Officers found the man on University Way Northeast shortly after the incident and arrested him on suspicion of making a bomb threat, police said.
According to police, this was a prank and there was no device on him or left in the room.
The investigation remains ongoing and there does not appear to be a threat to the community, said campus police.
More news from KIRO 7
- Reward for info leading to missing Bonney Lake teen increases to $5,000
- Fight at Lake Stevens park caught on camera
- DEA 'waiting for analysis': Kratom may soon be banned
- Skagit County golf course vandalized
- Tacoma Mall's Sears on latest list of store closings
Cox Media Group