KENT, Wash. - A man is dead after a shooting at a Kent apartment complex. A second man was injured.
Kent police said they were called to The Row Apartments in the 25400 block of 98th Place South at 2:55 a.m. Friday for a report of shots fired. The apartments are near Kent-Meridian High School.
Police arrived to find a man with multiple gunshot wounds. Officers gave the victim CPR until medics arrived, but the victim died at the scene.
A K-9 led police to another man at French Field, Kent-Meridian's sports field, who had a gunshot wound to the leg. He was taken to the hospital with non-life-threatening injuries.
Kent police said it appears the two men shot each other and may have known each other.
Detectives are interviewing witnesses.
What led up to the shooting is under investigation.
More news from KIRO 7
- WATCH: Tim Eyman's confrontation at the Seattle mayor's office over $30 car tabs
- Proposal aims to add Wi-Fi, food trucks, deliveries to national parks
- Man dead in shooting at Kent apartment complex
- Homeless using boat stuck on Lake Washington; neighbors want it moved
- Do you have an investigative story tip? Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
© 2019 Cox Media Group.