SEATTLE - A pedestrian was hit and killed by a dump truck on southbound I-5 in downtown Seattle Wednesday.
It happened around 7 a.m. near Seneca Street.
The pedestrian, a man, was in the southbound I-5 lanes exiting I-90 when he was hit.
Troopers spoke with the truck driver, who was cooperative. It is not yet known why the man was on the freeway.
The incident was in the collector-distributor lanes and blocked the southbound I-5 exit to eastbound I-90. The crash caused a miles-long backup into North Seattle approaching the crash scene.
All lanes reopened at about 9:15 a.m.
More news from KIRO 7
- Pedestrian hit, killed by dump truck on I-5 in downtown Seattle; lanes blocked
- Virginia police challenge Seattle police in lip sync battle
- Deputies: Transient sexually assaulted woman on Metro bus
- One killed, one injured in Kent shooting
- Woman pepper sprays man who allegedly stalked her on trail near Bellingham
© 2018 Cox Media Group.