BELLINGHAM, Wash. - A new list from reviews.org has named Bellingham as the best college town in western Washington.
Reviews.org released the best college town in each state and only considered cities with fewer than 250,000 residents.
The study also analyzed overall population, student population, rental costs, college education rates, transportation access, unemployment rates and bar availability.
“From there, we narrowed it down further by weighing the cost of living, unemployment rates for 20–24-year-olds, and easy access to the city,” publishers said.
Bellingham, home to Western Washington University, not only was named Washington’s best college town, but it was also named among the top 10 in the country.
The study also ranked Bellingham as the sixth best college town in student employment.
Click here for more information on the study's criteria and to see the full list from reviews.org.
More news from KIRO 7
- Dreamboyz Espresso shop opens in Capitol Hill, employs shirtless male baristas
- Grandparents found after toddler discovered on stranger's porch; parents remain missing, police say
- First space hotel set to open in 2025 with cruise ship, Disney World amenities
- Seattle business owner sends angry letter to City Council over hotel worker protection ordinance
- Do you have an investigative story tip? Send us an email at email@example.com
© 2019 Cox Media Group.