HOODSPORT, Wash. — Mason County Sheriff’s Office deputies said William Foster, 25, stabbed and beat his mother, Claudia Foster, 62, to death.
“Claudia was a beautiful person. Nobody deserves this, whether they’re a beautiful person or not. Tragedy,” said neighbor Jim Johnson.
William appeared in court Wednesday. The judge addressed him through a TV monitor.
According to court documents, William showed up at a family member’s home Christmas evening in his underwear and covered in blood. Deputies said he told them he thought his mother was a demon.
He admitted to stabbing her in the head and beating her with a baseball bat.
“Her son had problems. He was schizophrenic, from what I understand,” said Johnson.
Johnson lives next door in a home Claudia owned on North Schoolhouse Hill Road. He said the two were friends. He can’t believe she’s dead.
“She’s a real nice lady, just like you or me. She cared about people. This isn’t something she deserved, obviously. It’s just a big tragedy,” he said.
William is being held on $500,000 bail.
Officials said he also has pending charges in Clark County for attempting to elude a police officer.
William is scheduled to be back in court in Mason County Jan. 7.
More news from KIRO 7
- Christmas 'grinch' posing as Uber driver takes couple's dogs
- A 5-month-old boy was gravely injured after his uncle assaulted him, charging papers say
- Elbe woman who shot trap, fought fires and served burgers near Mount Rainier dies on dream trip
- Armed citizens shoot at shoplifters in Marysville
- Do you have an investigative story tip? Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Cox Media Group