LACEY, Wash. - Deputies with the Thurston County Sheriff’s Office and a K-9 assisted the Lacey Police Department in tracking down a vehicle theft suspect over the weekend.
Police said the driver of a stolen vehicle fled on foot from a traffic stop near Sleather Kinney Road and 21st Avenue SE.
The K-9, Jaxx, tracked the suspect over two fence lines and eventually alerted responding officials to a shed in a mobile home park.
Deputies said the suspect "refused to surrender from the shed or even acknowledge law enforcement presence after multiple warnings."
After issuing multiple warnings, deputies said K-9 Jaxx was deployed into the shed, where he made contact with the suspect.
The suspect quickly surrendered and was taken into custody, deputies said.
KIRO 7 will continue to update this story as more information becomes available.
More news from KIRO 7
- 1 dead, 2 hospitalized after single car crash into Fall City creek
- First lady Melania Trump in Seattle Monday to promote 'Be Best' campaign
- Everett's Paine Field open for flights Monday
- Study: Seattle drivers will lose nearly 10 days commuting to work this year
- Do you have an investigative story tip? Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
© 2019 Cox Media Group.