Seattle police officers are investigating a homicide after a shooting in North Seattle.
At about 7:30 p.m., officers responded to a report of a shooting in the 9500 block of Aurora Avenue North in the Licton Springs neighborhood.
When officers arrived, they found a man, who appeared to be about 27 years old, on the ground.
Police and medics performed CPR on the man but he died from his injuries at the scene.
Investigators said the man was walking with a woman when they ran into two men.
According to police, words were exchanged and one of the two men pulled out a gun and fired several shots.
After a search of the area, the suspects were not located.
The investigation remains ongoing. Anyone with information is asked to call the homicide tip line at 206-233-5000.
More news from KIRO 7
- 3 stabbed in 'unprovoked and random attack' outside Nordstrom flagship store
- Report finds King County provided info to ICE agents against county law
- Arrest made in fatal shooting near SeaTac park
- PHOTOS: Stabbing near Nordstrom in downtown Seattle
- Do you have an investigative story tip? Send us an email at email@example.com
© 2019 Cox Media Group.