ISSAQUAH, Wash. - Traffic was backed up for miles on Easter Sunday after a semi carrying human waste crashed on eastbound I-90 in Issaquah.
Troopers said the crash occurred around 11:30 a.m., just west of State Route 900, after the driver of the semi fell asleep.
Minor injuries were reported and no other vehicles were involved.
Officials with the Washington State Department of Transportation closed all eastbound lanes around noon to clean up the mess and move the truck off the road.
Just before 2 p.m., WSDOT officials reopened all eastbound lanes.
More news from KIRO 7
- Washington state lawmaker's comments raise ire of nurses
- Arlington police arrest 21-year-old man after standoff at cemetery
- Former fitness instructor and football coach in Bellingham pleads guilty to murder
- Suspected DUI driver in custody after Renton crash, police say
- Do you have an investigative story tip? Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
© 2019 Cox Media Group.