RENTON, Wash. - A driver was taken into custody after driving into a ditch in Renton on Saturday.
Police said the crash happened at the intersection of Southeast Carr Road and 98th Avenue South, just west of Valley Medical Center, around 12:30 p.m.
Officials closed the intersection as they continue to investigate and warned drivers to expect delays in the area.
Police said the driver suffered no major injuries, but was arrested on suspicion of driving under the influence.
Accident investigation at SE Carr Rd/98th Ave S-Vehicle in ditch and appears to be DUI with one in custody. Road is closed at SE Carr and 98th for investigation and to remove vehicle/no major injuries/expect delays for awhile/thank you/sh pic.twitter.com/h2VVY5uZbK— Renton Police Dept. (@RentonpdWA) April 20, 2019
More news from KIRO 7
- Criminals dropped off under Seattle overpass
- Brother of slain deputy says his death was a consequence of ignoring immigration laws
- State Democrats unveil new wealth inequality tax in Olympia
- Washington set to be 1st state with long-term care benefit
- Do you have an investigative story tip? Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
© 2019 Cox Media Group.