MAPLE VALLEY, Wash. - A 28-year-old man is dead after an Acura he was a passenger in crossed the median on SR 18 in Maple Valley, and was broadsided by a pickup heading westbound Wednesday night, witnesses told Washington State Patrol.
State troopers said they were called to the scene at 11:40 p.m. and determined the man was dead.
The 27-year-old woman driving the Acura showed signs of impairment and admitted to the patrol officer at the scene that she'd used methamphetamine earlier that night, law enforcement officials said.
The woman was taken to Harborview Medical Center with serious injuries and was placed into custody for investigation of vehicular homicide and vehicular assault, the Washington State Patrol said.
The driver of the pickup also suffered injuries.
All westbound lanes of SR 18 were temporarily blocked, and the crash was cleared after 4 a.m. Thursday.
Washington State Patrol is investigating and asking for additional witnesses to the crash.
More news from KIRO 7
- 20 bullets fired: Police kill unarmed black man holding cellphone in own backyard
- Burglars say shop owner tortured them, made them strip naked after break-in
- Woman helping driver killed in hit-and-run near Port Orchard
- You don't have to #DeleteFacebook: 7 tips to lock down your privacy without leaving
- One dead in Maple Valley crash
© 2019 Cox Media Group.