Investigators say at least 18 fires are believed to have been intentionally set in dumpsters early Wednesday morning.
Firefighters started getting calls about the fires about 12:35 a.m. Wednesday. Bellevue fire said fires were being lit until about 1 a.m.
All of the fires were set in dumpsters behind businesses in Bellevue and Redmond. Many were set near 148th Avenue Northeast.
Some buildings may have smoke damage. Vehicles may have been damaged as well.
A thrift store was exposed to flames but the fire was put out before it was significantly damaged.
A man has been arrested in connection with the fires.
More news from KIRO 7
- Children found tied down in truck bed with bungee cords during Puyallup traffic stop, police say
- Are smoky summer skies the new normal in Seattle?
- More than a dozen fires set overnight in Bellevue, Redmond
- How bad is the air in the Puget Sound? This map will tell you
- Do you have an investigative story tip? Send us an email at email@example.com
© 2019 Cox Media Group.