SEATTLE - A man has died at the hospital after he was shot in Pioneer Square in Seattle just before midnight Monday.
The shooting happened near First Avenue and Yesler. Officers arrived to find an unresponsive 37-year-old man down on the sidewalk with a gunshot wound.
Officers performed CPR until medics arrived. The victim was taken to Harborview where he later died.
The suspect, a 19-year-old man, was found a short distance from the shooting scene and was interviewed by detectives.
He was later booked into the King County Jail for investigation of murder.
Anyone with information about the shooting is asked to contact Seattle police detectives at 206-233-5000.
More news from KIRO 7
- NHL coming to Seattle: Board approves expansion team
- Two killed in SR 164 crash near Enumclaw
- Vote on tasting rooms delayed, wineries opening in Maltby
- Misuse of money, sexual exploitation, among allegations in latest lawsuit against Federal Way church
- Do you have an investigative story tip? Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
© 2019 Cox Media Group.