Boeing employees across Washington state will receive bonuses in the coming weeks totaling nearly $600 million, the company announced Tuesday.
"This just shows us that when we all work together, we can't be beat," Kevin McAllister, President and CEO of Boeing Commercial Airplanes, said in a statement. "When we all work to drive safety, quality, flow and productivity, we all share in the value."
The large payouts reward employees for helping Boeing deliver a record number of commercial airplanes and reach new highs in other categories in 2017, and the bonuses will be distributed in employee paychecks in February and March, Boeing staff said.
This is the largest bonus payout in the history of the company, which started in 1916.
More news from KIRO 7
- Seattle's ‘hottest' neighborhoods in 2018
- Utility worker saves family from intruder
- Video shows Federal Way School District teacher shoving student
- California Girl Scout sells 312 boxes of cookies near pot dispensary
- Patriots' Rob Gronkowski's home burglarized during Super Bowl, police say
© 2018 Cox Media Group.