Blood donations are down in Western Washington after the snowfall, and volunteers are needed.
On Monday when snow blanketed the area, Bloodworks Northwest was down 115 donations by 12:30 p.m..
At least three blood drives were cancelled on Monday and others were delayed. National blood levels are already at a critically low level making it difficult for local officials to import blood from other areas of the nation, Bloodworks staff said.
More news from KIRO 7
- Man who bought ‘residential’ firehouse sued by Seattle - for using as residence
- 'Not the outcome we wanted’: Ohio boy, 14, found dead in chimney after 26-day search
- $4 million settlement after street-sweeper death in Bellevue
- Recall alert: Toyota recalls almost 700K vehicles
- Do you have an investigative story tip? Send us an email at email@example.com
© 2020 © 2020 Cox Media Group