1 dead, several injured after bus accident in SeaTac

AUGUST 1: The Port of Seattle released surveillance video of the bus crash. Click here to watch.

JULY 26: The man killed Thursday in the SeaTac bus crash was identified as Bryan R. Panzanaro, who was here from Peekskill, N.Y.

The King County Medical Examiner's Office gave the identification and said Panzanaro died from multiple blunt force injuries.

ORIGINAL TEXT: One person was killed and seven others were injured after a shuttle bus accident that ejected people from a bus.

>> See photos of the bus crash

The crash happened a few minutes after 1 p.m. Thursday at South 176th Street and International Boulevard in SeaTac, near the Sea-Tac Airport parking garage.

Chopper 7 was overhead. See the video below.

Investigators said crash involved a Marriott shuttle bus and a BMW car.

According to King County deputies, the driver of the BMW was heading south on International Boulevard when she crossed the center line and plowed into the northbound shuttle.

The shuttle ended up on its side, its windshield shattered.  Two men told KIRO 7 they ran up and smashed it more to get the driver out.

Investigators say a 45-year-old passenger was killed when he was ejected and crushed.

As of Thursday night, three of the six people who went to hospitals had been released. As of Friday morning, a 50-year-old man was at Harborview in satisfactory condition.

A man at the crash scene, Jay Bielza, told KIRO 7 his 63-year-old mother, Oliva Pascua, was on the shuttle. He said she had injuries to her head and hand.

"My mom lives up the hill and uses this van to go to work," saidl Bielza.

Bielza's mother lives nearby and uses the Marriott shuttle to get to her janitorial job at the airport.  Bielza drives a shuttle van for Park and Fly and was a few lights behind the crash.

The King County Sheriff's Office confirmed the bus was equipped with seat belts for each of the 14 passenger seats on it. Deputies said it's too early to say if any of the eight people on board were wearing them, but the Washington State Patrol said people on that type of shuttle bus are not required to.

Deputies said they're still investigating what caused the driver to crash into the shuttle, including whether drugs or alcohol were involved.

See breaking news coverage below:

7:10 p.m.: Highline Hospital said they only received two victims from the bus crash, and they had minor injuries.

5:18 p.m.: Investigators said two victims were taken to Harborview Medical Center with non-life-threatening injuries.

2:30 p.m.: During a news conference, King County Sheriff's Office Sgt. Cynthia Sampson said one person died, two people were taken to Harborview Medical Center, two were taken to Highline Medical Center, two were taken to Valley Medical Center and one person was treated at the scene. Watch the news briefing below.

1:59 p.m.: Officials said one person arrived at Harborview Medical Center with non-life-threatening injuries.

1:31 p.m.: Footage from Chooper 7 shows the bus was affiliated with the Seattle Airport Marriott hotel. KIRO 7 called and emailed the hotel, which is at 3201 S. 176th St. -- just more than 1/4 mile from the crash scene.

1:24 p.m.: One of the patients was taken to Highline Medical Center in Burien.

1:17 p.m.: Multiple agencies were on scene, and drivers were asked to take alternate routes.

Comments on this article