Seattle police are asking for the public’s help finding the person who fatally shot a man in March on Capitol Hill.
The shooting happened about 9:40 p.m. March 20 at Cal Anderson Park, at 11th Avenue and East Pine Street. Hakeem Salahud-din, 21, was shot in the head.
See KIRO 7’s coverage of the shooting here. The video from Seattle police released Thursday is below.
“We know Hakeem was murdered in front of numerous witnesses, many of whom claim to be his close friends,” the police narration reads. “We also know that the suspect did not leave the park alone, and that his identity is know to multiple people present that night.
“Those who loved Hakeem and who considered him family know who did this to him. Remaining silent only protects his killer. If you were loyal to Hakeem in life, be loyal to him in death. Let his daughters know his life had value. Someone has to step up and make the sacrifice to do what’s right.”
Anyone who knows the suspect’s name or information about the shooting is asked to call 206-684-5573. Police said callers can remain anonymous.
More news from KIRO 7
- Kilos of cocaine found in banana boxes at local Safeway stores
- Police investigate fatal shooting in North Seattle
- Fatal crash causes traffic backups on SB I-5 near Milton
- Woman says CPS imposters tried to take son, police note “inconsistencies” in statements
- Do you have an investigative story tip? Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
© 2019 Cox Media Group.