A fatal crash early Thursday caused major traffic backups on southbound I-5 near Milton, Wash.
The crash happened around 2:30 a.m. near South 348th Street – just south of the King County line.
The Washington State Patrol said two cars were involved in the collision.
Troopers said the 18-year-old female driver that caused the crash was arrested on suspicion of DUI. That driver was not injured, but troopers said one passenger in the backseat of her vehicle was killed and another was injured.
The driver and passenger in the other car had minor injuries and were taken to Tacoma General hospital, troopers said.
More news from KIRO 7
- Woman says CPS imposters tried to take son, police note "inconsistencies" in statements
- 2 injured in crash in front of Bothell Home Depot
- Seismologists: Seismic event underway that could increase risk of large earthquake in region
- 6 seniors face sex charges after conservation area arrests
- Do you have an investigative story tip? Send us an email at email@example.com
© 2019 Cox Media Group.