Operation Wedding Gown is giving military and first responder brides in Puget Sound the chance to take home a free wedding dress this week.
The event is organized by national nonprofit Brides for a Cause, which puts on events twice a year in a national giveaway that over 60 bridal salons participate in across the country. To date, the organization has collected over 11,000 donated dresses and given away $700,000 nationwide to women-focused charities.
Starting Monday and running through Sunday, women who are active military, veterans or first responders, or those marrying into these families can get a free wedding dress.
Brides must register in advance at this link.
Local brides can go to one of two locations in the Puget Sound area:
- Brides for a Cause - Seattle: 6514 Roosevelt Way NE, Seattle, WA 98115
- Brides for a Cause - Tacoma: 2711 6th Ave, Tacoma, WA 98406
More news from KIRO 7
- Death investigation underway after body found in Seattle’s University District
- ’Horrified’: Family releases photos of mother, 3 kids believed killed in Port Angeles fire
- JBLM warned against expanding Tacoma elementary school in crash zone. It happened anyway
- Search for missing off-duty firefighter paddleboarding on Cle Elum Lake
- Do you have an investigative story tip? Send us an email at email@example.com
Cox Media Group