KITTITAS COUNTY, Wash. - An off-duty firefighter is missing after winds and waves blew him and a friend off of their paddleboards Saturday while on Cle Elum Lake.
The Kittitas undersheriff said a marine deputy resumed searching for the 34-year-old Auburn man Sunday morning.
The victim, who's not being named just yet, was reportedly not wearing a life vest but his friend was. The victim's friend lost sight of him and was eventually pulled out of the water by a boater and then called 911.
This is a developing story, please check back for updates.
More news from KIRO 7
- Police arrest person of interest after 'multiple' bodies found in burned mobile home
- Officer in unmarked SUV runs stop sign, hits car, then handcuffs driver, video shows
- Fans shout ‘equal pay' moments after US women's soccer team World Cup win
- Suspect arrested in fatal shooting Saturday night in Everett
- Do you have an investigative story tip? Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
© 2019 Cox Media Group.