1. Family fun day. Edmonds Center for the Arts presents Kidstock! 2020, at the ECA, Feb. 1, 9:30 a.m.- 3:30 p.m. The 8th annual, FREE event is back and kicking off another great season with family fun experiences, including musical performances by Recess Monkey, The Not-Its!, and many more, plus arts education workshops and plenty more activities for the kids to enjoy. Learn how to make music in Spanish at Alley Bell Music, Music Together con Español. Follow the link here for more event details.
2. Nerdy and geeky. NerdFaire, Feb. 1, 10 a.m.- 8 p.m. at the Lynnwood Convention Center. The “mini con” returns with all your favorite nerdy and geeky things. Support local shops and businesses while enjoying a variety of activities, including Foulplay Murder Mystery Games, Cosplay contests, artist alley and panels and workshops taking place throughout the entire day. Grammy-nominated Caspar Babypants will also be onsite to perform starting at 11 a.m. with cosplay contests starting at 6:30 p.m. Follow the link here for more event details.
3. Fairytale ballet performance. Pacific Northwest Ballet: Kent Stowell’s “Cinderella”. McCaw Hall, Seattle, Feb. 1-9 at 1, 7 or 7:30 p.m. show times. Each night is a magical experience for the fairytale rendition of Ken Stowell’s “Cinderella”, with the familiar score from Prokofiev. Immerse yourself in the storytelling of the lonely heroine and her wistful dreams to attend the palace’s dazing ball. Cinderella and her prince charming take center stage to dazzle audiences with a scarlet-clad waltz and beautiful scenes to take you through their storybook romance. Follow the link here for more event details.
4. UW Lunar New Year celebrations. CSA UW Presents 3rd annual Lunar New Year Gala. Kane Hall, Red Square, University of Washington Campus. Activities and food services from 5:30-7 p.m., and performances from 7-9:30 p.m. The Chinese Student Association at UW will host its 53rd annual celebration of the Lunar New Year. Students and the greater Seattle community are invited to enjoy on campus celebrations with food, performances and activities throughout the celebration. Don’t miss the mix of traditional and modern performance showcase, with a lion dance to Wushu to Chinese Yo-Yo. Follow the link here for more event details.
5. Antiques collectors show. America’s Largest Antique & Collectible Show. Feb. 1-2 at the Washington State Fairgrounds Showplex, Puyallup. The show features about 400 booths of antique and collectible vendors. Treasure hunters can find a variety of unique items from vintage toys, to books, flatware and furniture. Other popular items sure to be present range from vintage clothing to jewelry, books and more. Common vendors from the Portland antique shows will be on site as well. Follow the link here for more event details.
6. 1950s Broadway musical. “The Rivals”. Performed at the Center Theatre at Seattle Center, Jan. 7-Feb. 2. Various show times at 2 and 7:30 p.m. The witty, romantic and charming play (directed by George Mount) takes the Shakespearean adaptation to comedic heights. In the 18th Century romances-comedy play, Lydia Languish falls privy to the romantic, yet ridiculous notions of insisting on marrying a poor man for the sake of love, and Capt. Jack Absolute must pretend to be a poor army officer to win her heart. In the midst of a cranky father and meddling aunt, the two lovers toil on the true meaning of true love, marriage, class and wealth. Follow the link here for ticket information and more event details.
7. Dine and dance. Masquerade XII. Century Ballroom, Seattle. Jan. 31, doors open and show begins at 8:30 p.m., from 9 p.m.- 12:30 a.m. After six years, the masquerade theme night returns to the Century Ballroom. Come solo or with a partner, and enjoy a variety of music and dances, from Blues and Latin to Swing and the Foxtrot. Enjoy live music from Valse Café Orchestra with Dina Blade and Lucia Near. Don’t forget your mask to complete the Masquerade theme; masks will be available to purchase at the door. Tickets are available online. Follow the link here for more event details.
© 2020 Cox Media Group