1. Home + Garden Show. Between Jan. 23-26 you can attend the Tacoma Home + Garden Show, the annual event for Tacoma homeowners. Thurs.- Fri. at 11 a.m.-7 p.m. and Sunday at 11 a.m.-5 p.m. With over 300 brands to help with your next home project, the show is a vibrant marketplace where attendees can shop for home-related products and services, experience stunning displays, connect with industry experts, and enjoy presentations from renowned local and international home professionals. From remodeling a kitchen to refreshing a paint color– and so much more – the Tacoma Home + Garden Show offers the region’s best place to bring your vision to life. Follow the link here for more event details.
2. Outdoors gathering. Washington Sportsmen’s Show & Sport Fishing Boat Show. Showcase between Jan. 22-26 at the Washington State Fair Events Center in Puyallup. Open Wed-Fri from Noon-8 p.m., Sat. from 10 a.m.- 8 p.m. and Sunday from 10 a.m.- 4 p.m. This showcase is a show within a show, featuring not only aisles of outdoor goods, but numerous exhibits, classes and competitions. Take part in the Washington Sportsmen’s Show Outdoor Cooking Competition and grill up steak burgers or compete in a chili cook-off. Kids can enjoy the Baxter Auto Pars Kid’s Trout Pond or check out the Western Washington Toyota Dealers ‘s “Fistful of Corkies” promotion. Learn from experts about the fast-growing sport of kayak fishing and check out the Skookum Archers archery range at the Showplex. Follow the link here for more event details.
3. Mountain music festival. Timbrrr! Winter Music Festival. Located in Leavenworth, Jan. 24 and 25, festival times Fri., 5:30-10:30 p.m., Sat. 10:30 a.m.- 11:30 p.m. In the beautiful, Bavarian-influenced town, the music festival returns, featuring several independent, folk artists such as Ivan & Alyosha, Bully, and Pedro the Lion. Along with great live music and a walk through the town, visitors can enjoy a snowshoe trek with REI, a movie screening of “Strange Negotiations”, and The Leisure Games. Don’t miss the hot toddy garden on site for tasting hot beverages during the festival. Follow the link here for more event details.
4. Alefest & Wine Tasting. Lake Chelan Winterfest on Jan 17-26. Times range per day depending on activities, approximately from 10 a.m.- 10 p.m. Nestle up in the mountains along Lake Chelan, the Winterfest is a family-friendly outing, with wine tasting the first weekend and Alefest the second weekend, featuring 20 craft breweries and cideries to sample from. Don’t forget your Winterfest Button as your admissions pass during the weekend, gaining you access to the Ice Bar and for the kids, the family activities section with a snowflake lane, horse carriage rides and apple bin train rides, plus an ice slide. And don’t miss the Battle of the Bloody Mary delicious brunch, where you can vote on your favorite Bloody Mary. Follow the link here for more event details.
5. 1950s Broadway musical. “The Rivals”. Performed at the Center Theatre at Seattle Center, Jan. 7-Feb. 2. Various show times at 2 and 7:30 p.m. The witty, romantic and charming play (directed by George Mount) takes the Shakespearean adaptation to comedic heights. In the 18th Century romances-comedy play, Lydia Languish falls privy to the romantic, yet ridiculous notions of insisting on marrying a poor man for the sake of love, and Capt. Jack Absolute must pretend to be a poor army officer to win her heart. In the midst of a cranky father and meddling aunt, the two lovers toil on the true meaning of true love, marriage, class and wealth. Follow the link here for ticket information and more event details.
6. Hilarious musical. “Guys & Dolls”. Jan. 3-Feb. 2 at the Everett Performing Arts Center (Village Theatre) 2, 7:30 or 8 p.m. show times. The brassy and colorful show will have audiences laughing all night in this classic 1950s musical, telling the story of a troupe of dancing showgirls, a momentous craps game and a community coming together in New York City through romance, charm and humor. Follow the link here for more event details.
© 2020 © 2020 Cox Media Group