Actor Logan Williams, known for his role on the television series “The Flash,” died from an accidental overdose of fentanyl, according to a coroner’s report.
Williams, 16, died April 2, 2020, a week before his 17th birthday. The Coroners Service of British Columbia determined that Williams died of “unintentional illicit drug toxicity (fentanyl),” classified as “accidental,” People reported.
“Toxicological analysis detected fentanyl in a range where lethal outcomes have been reported,” the coroner stated. “Even small amounts of fentanyl have been shown to be potentially toxic.”
Williams played a young Barry Allen on “The Flash.”
According to the coroner’s report, Williams “struggled with mental health concerns and had a history of consuming illicit substances,” Entertainment Tonight reported.
In 2019, Williams was placed in the care of the Ministry of Children and Family Development, but the coroner said Williams “often declined to participate,” according to Global News.
On Feb. 26, 2020, Williams was found unresponsive after taking drugs but was resuscitated, the website reported. However, the coroner said Williams was diagnosed with a significant brain injury that affected his memory and functioning.
In addition to his role on “The Flash,” Williams appeared on an episode of the CW drama “Supernatural” and several episodes of the Canadian American series “When Calls the Heart,” NBC News reported.
©2021 Cox Media Group