PANAMA CITY, Fla. - The last thing a teacher would expect to find in a student’s backpack is a dragon … a bearded one, that is.
“Parents, please check those backpacks in the AM!” the post said.
School officials said they found the stowaway in the backpack and put it in a courier box filled with a pillow and a blanket until the child’s parents could pick up Jango.
“Parents, we love pets just as much as anyone, but a backpack is not a good place for a bearded dragon to spend the day,” the post said.
Jango was safely taken home.
Scroll down to continue reading
More news from KIRO 7
- Seattle police runners-up in CBS’ ‘Lip Sync to the Rescue’ competition
- Teachers, students leave King’s Schools over anti-gay religious beliefs
- Taxpayers’ lawsuit against Sound Transit car tab hike in court
- Mother demands justice for son killed by Tacoma officer
- Do you have an investigative story tip? Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
© 2019 Cox Media Group.