PUYALLUP, Wash. - A McDonald’s in Puyallup was closed Thursday for an unplanned inspection after a 16-year-old reportedly drove into the side of the restaurant.
Puyallup police said the teen was leaving the drive-thru, spilled soda and then hit the gas instead of the brakes. He crashed through the wall and hit the soda dispenser at the fast-food restaurant at 4603 South Meridian Street.
Chopper 7 flew over the scene and captured a slightly patched wall near the drive-thru window.
Central Pierce Fire and Rescue said the boy was treated at the scene for a foot injury.
No other injuries were reported.
The restaurant was closed and no information was given on when it would reopen.
The crash is under investigation.
More news from KIRO 7
- Woman found dead in Lakewood business
- Woman sent to hospital after posing with octopus on face
- Kidnapped newborn, now US Marine, to meet FBI agent who rescued him
- Inspiring photos of couple before, after meth addiction go viral
- Do you have an investigative story tip? Send us an email at email@example.com
© 2019 Cox Media Group.