TACOMA, Wash. - The driver of a semi-truck was killed Wednesday morning when he was hit by his own truck.
Witnesses told troopers the man appeared to be making repairs to the truck on the shoulder of northbound I-5 near Pacific Avenue in Tacoma when the rig started moving and struck him.
Troopers said the man’s injuries were fatal.
As of 9 a.m., the right lane was blocked at the scene while troopers investigate. Drivers are asked to slow down while driving past the accident scene.
More news from KIRO 7
- Murder of 3-year-old boy connected to Burien police shootout
- Teen dies following drive-by shooting in Tacoma
- 1 teen killed, 3 others hospitalized after violent crash into tree
- Democratic presidential debate 2019: 5 memorable moments from Tuesday's matchup
- Do you have an investigative story tip? Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
© 2019 Cox Media Group.