Police are investigating after two people were found dead in a vehicle in a Tacoma parking lot on Friday evening.
At about 5 p.m., officers responded to reports of shots fired in the 4800 block of Tacoma Mall Boulevard. Gunshots were reported coming from a vehicle in the parking lot.
Police said when they arrived at the scene, they went to the vehicle and saw two people who appeared to have gunshot wounds and were nonresponsive.
Fire officials said the two people were pronounced dead.
On Saturday, the Pierce County Medical Examiner’s office identified the two as Emmalee Masker, 27, of Tacoma and Gary Peterson, 71, of Puyallup.
The investigation remains ongoing.
More news from KIRO 7
- Scientists ID another possible threat to orcas: pink salmon
- SR 509 shooting task force created after boy in car shot in head, blinded
- Deputies seize drugs, 54 firearms, dog that tested positive for meth after serving warrant
- Seattle Homeless Sweeps target area near SR 509, 1st Ave. S
- Do you have an investigative story tip? Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
© 2019 Cox Media Group.