FIFE, Wash. - One person was killed in a crash involving a minivan and a semi-truck in Fife.
It happened around 5 a.m. Tuesday at 20th Street East and 70th Avenue East.
Fife police Sgt. Thompson said the preliminary investigation shows that the White Toyota Sienna was heading north and the semi-truck was heading south when the van crossed the center line and and struck the truck.
The 30-year-old male driver of the van was killed. His passenger, a 25-year-old woman, was transported to the hospital with non-life-threatening injuries.
The driver of the semi was not hurt.
Detectives say its too early to tell whether factors like DUI or distracted driving contributed to the crash.
The busy intersection that takes drivers to SR 99 was closed for at least five hours, but has since reopened.
The Pierce County Medical Examiner will identify the victim.
More news from KIRO 7
- Police confirm no shots fired at Southcenter Mall, shoppers exit in panic
- Gun rights advocates want to divide Washington and create 51st state
- PHOTOS: Suspect dead after standoff in Kent
- Fire destroys longtime Bellingham feed store
- Do you have an investigative story tip? Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
© 2019 Cox Media Group.