THURSTON COUNTY, Wash. - A suspect has been arrested in an early Friday morning stabbing in Thurston County.
Deputies took Lee Roy Navin, 38, into custody in the Yelm area.
Officials said they responded to reports of the stabbing around 1 a.m. in the 8700 block of Boxwood Court SE – just outside of Yelm.
“The victim and suspect got into an argument inside the residence where neither live and were at the location visiting. During the argument, a fight ensued and the suspect stabbed the victim multiple times before fleeing on foot,” a spokesperson for the Sheriff’s Office wrote on Facebook.
Deputies said the victim, a 34-year-old man, sustained multiple stab wounds and was transported to St. Peter’s Hospital in Olympia where he is in serious condition.
“A K-9 track led to another residence in the area where it is believed that the suspect was provided a ride away from the area,” deputies said.
Navin was booked into the Thurston County Jail for investigation of assault.
More news from KIRO 7
- New footage of Titanic shows how much of the ship the sea has reclaimed
- Kilos of cocaine found in banana boxes at local Safeway stores
- Police investigate fatal shooting in North Seattle
- How do I get a Washington enhanced driver's license?
- Do you have an investigative story tip? Send us an email at email@example.com
© 2019 Cox Media Group.