Extra security was present at University Place schools Friday morning following the Thursday night discovery of a post made on Instagram that threatened violence.
The Instagram post referenced Narrows View Intermediate School, Curtis High School and Drum Intermediate School.
On Friday morning, Pierce County sheriff’s detectives identified the location where they believe the threat originated and began examining electronic devices to confirm the source.
“At this point there is no indication that the threat is credible. Investigation continues,” The Pierce County Sheriff’s Department posted on Twitter.
At 12:45 p.m. on Friday, the Pierce County Sheriff's Department said a 14-year-old student from Curtis Junior High School was arrested for threats to bomb or injure.
"The Juvenile suspect is believed to have acted alone, and our detectives have determined that he had no access to weapons and the threat was not credible," the Sheriff's Department said.
KIRO 7 will continue to update this story as more information becomes available.
More news from KIRO 7
- Body found in trunk of missing Auburn man's car
- Doctor: Seattle woman who died of brain-eating amoeba used tap water in Neti pot
- Fire considered suspicious destroys Jehovah's Witnesses hall in Lacey
- New lawsuit aims to close down Seattle's tiny home villages
- Do you have an investigative story tip? Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
© 2020 Cox Media Group