EVERETT, Wash. - A fire that broke out on a mobile hydraulic crane shut down the westbound lanes of SR 526, also known as the Boeing freeway, in Everett Monday morning.
It started shortly after 9 a.m. just east of Evergreen Way. Fire crews responded to put out the flames.
The driver was not hurt.
As of 10:30 a.m., one westbound lane was open, but Everett police said it would be several hours before the crane would be removed.
Police also advised drivers to go slowly, watch for workers and pay attention to the road as they pass the accident scene.
More news from KIRO 7
- Eerie things going on at serial killer’s childhood home in Tacoma
- Minor with measles may have exposed others at areas in Washington
- Live updates: 8 evacuated from Thai cave in mission to rescue soccer team
- PHOTOS: Who is currently on death row in Washington state?
- Deputies seize 2,000 ecstasy pills, file 80+ criminal charges at 2018 Paradiso Festival
© 2018 Cox Media Group.