WHATCOM COUNTY, Wash. - Authories arrested a man early Wednesday who was sought in a shooting that killed a man and injuried a woman last month in unincorporated Whatcom County near Bellingham.
On Jan. 31, Whatcom County deputies were called to a home in the 1100 block of Old Marine Drive after receiving reports of gunshots being fired in the Alderwood neighborhood.
Deputies arrived to find 32-year-old Dustin Wilson dead from multiple gunshot wounds. A woman, 21, was shot once and was taken to a hospital with non-life-threatening injuries.
Investigators identified the suspect as 31-year-old Cody Mitchell Brock.
Investigators said surveillance video showed Brock lying in wait for the victim, and then abushing him from behind as he and two women approached and entered the home.
Detectives from the Whatcom County Sheriff's Office, with help from the US Marshal's Violent Offender Task Force and the Bellingham Office of the FBI, followed up numerous tips and leads in an effort to find Brock.
At about 5 a.m. Wednesday, Brock was taken into custody at a hotel in Kent and later booked into the Whatcom County Jail for investigation of first-degree murder.
He is set to make his first court appearance Wednesday afternoon.
The Sheriff's Office is not yet releasing further information about the case as the investigation continues.
More news from KIRO 7
- More snow, potentially significant, in forecast late this week
- Suspect in custody after standoff on I-5 in Lakewood
- Kent keeps fighting to save new Dick's Drive-In from Sound Transit's potential tear-down
- Still hoping to get an icy side street cleared? Don't count on it
- Do you have an investigative story tip? Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
© 2019 Cox Media Group.