MONROE, Wash. - The Snohomish County fire marshal is investigating after a fire destroyed a condemned warehouse early Sunday in Monroe.
Firefighters said they were called about 12:56 a.m. to the intersection of Fryelands Boulevard and State Route 2. A passerby called 911 and reported seeing flames coming from the roof of a commercial building.
When firefighters arrived, they began a defensive attack, battling the flames from the outside of the building, officials said.
Fire crews from the Lake Stevens Fire Department, Everett Fire Department and Snohomish Fire District 4 assisted crews from District 7 in battling the flames.
Officials said crews were able to keep the fire from spreading to other nearby structures. It took crews almost two hours to extinguish the fire burning at the collapsing building.
Fryelands Boulevard was closed from State Route 2 to Tye Street.
No injuries were reported.
More news from KIRO 7
- Police arrest person of interest after 'multiple' bodies found in burned mobile home
- Officer in unmarked SUV runs stop sign, hits car, then handcuffs driver, video shows
- Fans shout ‘equal pay' moments after US women's soccer team World Cup win
- Suspect arrested in fatal shooting Saturday night in Everett
- Do you have an investigative story tip? Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
© 2019 Cox Media Group.