A water main break in Tukwila created a sinkhole in the middle of Andover Park East on Sunday morning.
First responders rushed to close down the roadway to keep drivers safe. The pressure of the water from the broken pipe forced out the gravel and rocks from underneath the asphalt, leading to the sinkhole.
Water crews shut off the water main and were working to repair it Sunday afternoon.
Andover Park East is closed between Baker Boulevard and Strander Boulevard.
KIRO 7's Alison Grande checked out the damage and talked to the workers about the repairs. She's working on the story for KIRO 7 News at 5 p.m.
Scroll down to continue reading
More news from KIRO 7
- Woman assaulted twice inside Tacoma hospital
- U.S. Sen. Maria Cantwell, Susan Hutchison face off in second debate
- Spanaway father arrested after 11-year-old son's suicide threat
- 5 things to help you easily understand the 'big one
- Do you have an investigative story tip? Send us an email at email@example.com
Cox Media Group