Washington is the best state in America, according to a new rankings released by U.S. News & World Report.
The report evaluated all 50 states across a range of criteria, including education, health care, infrastructure and the economy. It cited Washington's booming economy and strong agricultural sector as reasons for the high ranking, but emphasized its "cheap, climate-friendly energy."
"Washington state is an example of how climate action and a strong economy go hand in hand," Inslee told U.S. News & World Report.
Scroll down to continue reading
More news from KIRO 7
- 4 dead, 10 injured after mid-air collision between float planes in Alaska
- Edmonds school board to vote on plan to lay off dozens of teachers
- Critical medical research inside UW facility at risk of being lost
- 2 injured in Federal Way shooting
- Do you have an investigative story tip? Send us an email at email@example.com
Washington had a high ranking in numerous other categories, including third in economy, second in infrastructure and fourth in education and health care.
“These rankings show Washington’s success on a variety of different levels, to be the number one state in the country, and also ranked both the best economy and the best place for workers is incredible, yet unsurprising,” Inslee said. “This is an exceptional place to live, work, raise a family and open a business. And we are working hard to make sure all Washingtonians have an opportunity to benefit from our growth and success.”
© 2019 Cox Media Group.